Sunday, July 17, 2016

Movie Trailer: The Girl With All The Gifts

I was browsing YouTube the other day and this trailer caught my attention. I knew I have heard of this The Girl With All The Gifts before and when I searched about it, it turned out that it's actually based on a book by M.R. Carey. And I somehow remembered seeing reviews of this book from some of my online friends. 

I obviously haven't read the book but I always dig zombie movies and this one looked interesting! 
I've read the plot somewhere and from what I understand, humanity has been infected by some fungus which turned them into zombies. Now the few surviving human race are focused on finding a cure by studying children which have been affected and are now part zombie-part human. These children can still think and only lose control when they are too close to a human. In order to do their studies, scientists need to kill the subject but a teacher named Helen finds it uncomfortable. Now when Melanie, a Hungry (that's what they call a child zombie) is next in line, Helen tries to save her but their facility is attacked by a group of other Hungries and that's when they surviving part begins.


Release date: September 3, 2016
 Now that it piqued my interest, I might probably read the book one of these days before the movie gets out.

No comments:

Post a Comment