Thursday, November 10, 2016

Book: The Princess Saves Herself in this One by Amanda Lovelace

★★★★★/★★★★★

when
someone
offers to
save you
make it
your
mission
to
save yourself.


  i believe in you.

Wow. I mean, wow. Okay, maybe what I'm really trying to say is that this book is so emotional and powerful and oh my god I can't stop crying when I was reading it! I think this book just hit me so hard because it's so damn beautiful! Like, seriously, read it!

The Princess Saves Herself in this One is a poetry collection divided into four parts; the princess, the damsel, the queen and you. I loved all the parts but I guess the one that really got to me was the YOU part! And at some point I didn't notice but I was already crying and well, some just really hurt.

There's nothing really to tell except for you to read this book to know what I mean. And I'm sharing some of my favorite ones here.

once upon
a time
the princess
rose from the ashes
her dragon lovers
made of her
&
crowned
herself
the
mother-fucking
queen of
herself.
―how's that for a happily ever after? 

he
opened me up
like a book
& poured the
poetry
back into
me.
―my personal pen & paper

the princess
locked herself away
in the highest tower,
hoping s knight
in shining armor
would come to her
rescue.
―i didn’t realize i could be my own knight 

I'm pretty sure you have stardust running through those veins.
―women are some kind of magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment