Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Book: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

File:City of Bones.jpg 
 I started reading this book after I finished Divergent. 
I've read a lot of negative reviews about this but still I wanted to read it. And I did. I'm on the second book already and as what I read this is actually like Harry Potter mixed with Twilight and Stars Wars and who cares? Authors write what they want and we can't do anything about it. Let's just read it or not. And I'm not really into fantasy books but I can say that I like this. But the movie sucks!

"Declarations of love amuse me. Especially when unrequited."
Cassandra Clare (City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1))
 
"Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?"
"If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you should have just asked."
Cassandra Clare (City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
 "Don't touch any of my weapons without my permission."
"Well, there goes my plan for selling them all on eBay," Clary muttered.
"Selling them on what?"
Clary smiled blandly at him. "A mythical place of great magical power."
Cassandra Clare (City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
 "It means 'Shadowhunters: Looking Better in Black Than the Widows of our Enemies Since 1234'."
Cassandra Clare (City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1))

"Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?"
Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
..."At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland."
"Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting."
Cassandra Clare (City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1))

 "Not everything that's true needs to be said."
Cassandra Clare (City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1))

112713

No comments:

Post a Comment