Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Book: Leave This Song Behind by John Meyer, Stephanie Meyer, Adam Halwitz, Cindy Spertner

★★12/★★★★★ 

"Poetry is language at its most distilled and most powerful."

*Thank you to NetGalley and the Publisher for providing me with a copy of this book.*

Another poetry book I finished last week this time a collection of entries submitted by teenagers to Teen Ink. Some of the best were chosen and put together to create this book.

I admit that I found this one different from the other poetry books I've read but this is as lovely just the same. Sometimes I forgot that teenagers actually wrote these poems and while I liked some, the others just didn't make sense to me which I think was okay. It's divided into sections, each with style and impact of its own. 

I can't say that I loved this one since there where times when I skipped pages especially when I can't connect with the words. Don't get me wrong, there are some which I really liked but I think the book as a whole isn't just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment