Monday, October 9, 2017

Book: Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker

12/

“The truth is, nothing really matters unless we decide it matters.”

*Thank you to NetGalley and the Publisher for providing me with a copy of this book.*

I was happy when I received an ARC of this book and hearing a lot of mixed reviews made me want to read it right away! It was my first book of Wendy Walker and I was told that it's good but not as good as her other books. 

To summarize, the book is about two teenagers, Emma and Cass Tanner, who went missing one night and after three years, Cass just suddenly showed up, ready to tell their story.

“I think there are two types of people. Ones who have a scream inside them and ones who don’t.”

To be honest, I was so intrigued with the story that the pages just flew by in a couple of days. I like how complex the characters are especially Cass that I wanted to figure her out myself, dig into her mind and all! The pacing made it more exciting, with the flashbacks and how Cass tells the stories. I didn't connect with Abby that much but she's a strong character. Along with Cass and her family's story, we were also shown Abby's past by giving us bits and pieces about her own family. This way we can see how she can relate with them. I hated the Martins and Witt is a sweetheart!


It always excites me when I read psychological thrillers because they promise a lot of things and thankfully Emma in the Night didn't disappoint. Though I can say that there were times that I wanted to just skip some pages just to get to the ending and finally know what exactly happened! But overall, it was a thrilling experience and I loved the ending!


Maybe I'll try and get a copy of Wendy Walker's other book and see if I'll like it just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment