Friday, May 18, 2012

Love, love and love.

                Why is everyone talking about love? I mean my friends have been asking me about this thing lately. Well, I know what love is and some things about it but why do they have to ask me things about that? Am I a love adviser? And the thing is, how the hell will I know what she thinks about him or what should he do to get her? Shoot! Give me a break please.

                I have this friend who always asks me for some advice regarding his love life. He’s been asking me things like, what he should do to make the girl he likes like him back and how he should make her see that he likes her. As a girl, of course I know what will make a girl fall for a guy but we all have different taste in guys. I mean some girls prefer a rich guy than a smart guy. Some prefer guys with sense of humor than guys who are serious. But then there are girls who prefer humorous guys than serious ones. And some girls like guys who are nice and nerdy but then there are girls who like nice guys who are athletic. See? Girls have different taste when it comes to boys. Like me, I love tall guys with dimples, but some girls prefer small guys with no dimple at all. But the dimple thing for me is just a plus, what I really like is a tall guy. So how the hell will I know what the girl he likes prefers when it comes to guys? Anyway, another thing is, he asked me whether he should continue courting the girl even though she already has a boyfriend… I know, that’s what I told him too, he’s insane. He already knew that the girl has a boyfriend and yet he still wants to court her? Is he a fool? He wants to ruin her relationship? That’s a bad thing. Very bad thing. And honestly, sometimes I want to go there, in front of him and give him a straight punch. 

                And my other friend, well, my best friend, she’s been telling me about this one guy who she met at her work. She said he’s different from the other and when she said other, she meant all the guys. She told me he’s sweet and thoughtful. Sweet coz he’s been telling her pick up lines which are so cheesy. I remember back in our high school days when my guy friend used to tell me pick up lines too and she was like “eww that’s so cheesy”, but now that she’s the one who's being told to, she’s like, “that’s just the sweetest thing ever” Isn’t that a bit unfair? I mean, when it was me, pick up lines were cheesy, but when it comes to her, they’re sweet? Oh please! Anyway, she’s my best friend so I understand. Back to the story, she told me she likes him. And believe me this is the first time I’ve heard her said things like love, boyfriend, relationship and commitment. Before, she hated those words and even swore she wouldn’t get a boyfriend ever. But look at her now, she’s in love. Our bitter friend finally finds the guy. And I’m happy for her. She told me she’ll try this one out and see if it’ll work. 

                And you know, I was right. I’ll tell you why. Back in our high school days again, she hated it when one of us had a boyfriend or suitors. She always told us it wouldn’t work coz guys are all the same. And whenever one of us was sweet to our boyfriends, she would say we were cheesy and we were flirt and things like those. She really hated guys back then and she hated a lot of things. But now that she found a guy who changes her view about guys, she realized that not all men are the same. Maybe she realized that someone is actually meant for her. And I’m thankful for this guy coz she changed my best friend, in a good way of course. Now she’s starting to consider a relationship with him though she’s not really sure where it will take them. But it’s good right? I mean it’s good to try things out than not trying at all. If it works then great, if not then it’s an experience. So I was right. I was right when I told her that all she needed was a guy to show him that it’s possible for her to love too. So I wish them luck and hope that she finally found love.

                Love, love, love… why is everyone talking about you? Why are my friends asking me about you while I sit here wondering how it feels to have you? Are you that great? I wanna know. Should I find one for myself? :) 

-051412

No comments:

Post a Comment