Saturday, June 4, 2016

Book Review: Dear Rockstar by Emme Rollins

★★★/★★★★★

Sometimes the best things in life are crazy.

This book by Emme Rollins gave me all the feels. Like, seriously! I related with Sara so much because like her, I was once obsessed with bands! My sisters and I used to cover our walls with band posters and I remember when we had our first concert! And I think we all had that stage in our life when we were obsessed with something or someone that our life revolved around them. 

Dear Rockstar is about Sara and her obsession with Tyler Vincent, a rockstar. She is a diehard fan that she covered her bedroom walls with Tyler Vincent's posters and she knows all his songs by heart. She attends his concerts, watches his films and fantasizes her life with him. Attending an academy to finish her senior year while living with her mother and her stepbeast, Sara struggles to have the life she's always wanted. A life free from her stepbeast and a life in Maine where Tyler Vincent lives. But when Dale Diamond, a Tyler Vincent look-alike, shows up at one of her classes, Sara find herself with a new obsession. 

While I loved the concept of the book, I found it a little juvenile and the romance almost instant. Like, love-at-first-sight instant. I'm not a fan of insta-love but Sara and Dale's relationship was sweet and steamy. I knew Dale's resemblance with Tyler Vincent was one of the reasons why Sara was instantly drawn to him but Dale's attraction to her was unconvincing. 

“I know you. Inside and out, Sara. I know you, and I’ve accepted it all. Every bit of the crazy. And I love you anyway remember?”

The book also dealt with Sara's family and their struggles, being less fortunate than others and her issues regarding her step father. Then there was Aimie, Sara's bestfriend, who had been very supportive and knew everything about Sara. They were the bestfriend goal! There were secrets involved too and of course, what's a book without a twist? I kinda predicted the twist in this book so I wasn't that surprised anymore.

 I know I said that I related with Sara but that's only with her obsession with Tyler Vincent (for my case, bands!). Because sometimes she frustrated me! There were times when her actions confused me and she acted rashly. Another thing in the book that failed to impress me was the way how they resolved some issues without depth. I mean, they felt rushed and I think it would've been better if the pacing wasn't that fast because I felt like everything happened too fast!

I really wanted to love this book but I can only give it 3 stars. 1 for Sara being a diehard fan, 1 for Dale being a rockstar and 1 for their romance ad the music!

Beside, there was no arguing with love. Love didn't care. Love did whatever the hell it wanted, no matter who or what got in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment