Thursday, January 8, 2015

Book: I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

Can You Keep A Secret was my first book of Sophie Kinsella. I was 2nd year in College then and it became my favorite book right away. I read it again and again until I decided to give it a rest. I just loved to read Emma and Jack Harper over and over until they finally got together! Tsk. 
Then just last year I found another book of Sophie Kinsella, I've Got Your Number, and then the same feeling went through me again. I love the book! 

http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1327956732l/12033455.jpg 
★  ★ ★ ★ ★/★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It's been on my reading list for a while now but I was only able to read it recently.
The book is great. It's one of those books that I love because it's not your typical story. 

It's about Poppy Wyatt who loses her engagement ring weeks before her wedding day. Not only that, her phone, which should be how the hotel staff would contact her in case they find the ring, is also stolen. Poppy's day couldn't get any more worse until she finds a phone in a trash bin. Ha! Finders keepers. So she leaves her new found number at the hotel in case they find her ring. Now all she has to do is to keep the phone and wait. But there's still a problem. The phone's owner wants his phone back. Sam Roxton is a busy businessman who needs a secretary to read and reply to all his private/business emails and messages. But now that his secretary just threw his phone away, he needs it back. Because he doesn't really want Poppy or anyone reading his messages. But Poppy needs it too. They both need the phone so they agree to help each other. And that's how their story begins. 

It's a good read that anyone would love. It's sweet and funny and surprising and funny and romantic and funny! It's only my second book of Sophie Kinsella but I already love her! I haven't read the Shopaholic series but I will. And I know I wouldn't be disappointed! :D

Lover? I don't know. I don't know if she loves me. I don't know if I love her. All I can say is, she's the one I think about. All the time. She's the voice I want to hear. She's the face I hope to see.” - Sam Roxton

“But sometimes you have to be brave. Sometimes you have to show people what's important in life.”
Sophie Kinsella, I've Got Your Number  

“He's the one I think about. All the time. He's the voice I want to hear. When my phone bleeps, I hope it's him.” - Poppy Wyatt
Sophie Kinsella, I've Got Your Number  

01082015

No comments:

Post a Comment