Sunday, April 26, 2015

KDrama: Blood 2015

 Main Characters:
Ahn Jae hyun as Park Ji sang
Ku Hye sun as Yoo Ri ta/ Chae eon 
Ji Jin hee as Lee Jae wook

This drama caught my attention because it's not typical for a kdrama to have a theme like this. It's about vampires and how they started.

Synopsis: (Wikipedia:)
Park Ji-sang is a doctor specializing in hepato-pancreato-biliary surgery in the best cancer research hospital in the country. He is also a vampire. Despite seeming cold and unfeeling, Ji-sang masks his soft heart and inner pain and yearns for closeness with people. He believes very strongly in the sanctity of human life, and suppresses his thirst for blood to treat terminally ill patients and save lives.
Among his colleagues is Yoo Ri-ta, a hotshot physician who entered medical school at the age of 17 and is also the niece of the chaebol group chairman who owns the hospital. Ri-ta is highly capable but snooty and prideful, yet Ji-sang finds himself falling for her. He also gets drawn into a conflict between good and evil as he encounters Lee Jae-wook, a two-faced hospital chief who gains everyone's trust with his gentle demeanor, but inwardly harbors a dangerous ambition for power and a talent for cruelty.

I love that they picked Ahn Jae hyun for this role because he's really suited for the character. I first saw him on the drama My Love From the Star and I loved him there. He was funny and cute so I instantly liked him. His acting is also good but somehow I didn't feel his chemistry with Ku hye sun.

I was hooked right away when I watched the first episode wondering what would happen if people find out about his condition. The story got more interesting when Ji sang met Dr. Ri ta and when he started to become warm towards the people around him.

Park Ji sang when happy:

Park Ji sang when angry:
 
 ----------------
Screencaps: 
I always love taking screencaps especially when I love the scene.

 This is when Ri ta tells Ji sang about the boy who saved her when she was young. It's funny how she exaggerates things not knowing that the boy was actually Ji sang. HAHAHA xD

 When you get irritated when someone orders you to do something but then you can't say no to them.
Ji sang really doesn't like to get orders from others but he can't just say no to Rita. Hihi :")


I like how Ji sang started to like pink just because Ri ta was wearing all pink when he saved her. :")

 This is when Ri ta notices that Ji sang becomes warmer not only to her but also to other people. And I think this is when Rita starts to have feelings for him.

Ji sang: Can't you stay a little longer? I'm having trouble sleeping tonight.
Ri ta: Should I sing you lulluby or something?
Ji sang: I don't need anything like that. Just... stay next to me. You don't even have to say anything.

It's funny when Ji sang can't play along with what Ri ta wanted to happen. This scene made me laugh because they were too childish and cheesy to do something like this. HAHAHA xD

Gosh, I want Ji sang to do this experiment with me too. HAHAHA xD
  
Confession time :)
Ri ta: Thank you for listening to me.
Ji sang: Strangely, I do end up listening to what you tell me to do.
Ri ta: Why's that?
Ji sang: Besides my mom... you're the first person to make my heart feel something.

 
 ------------
Even if you don't end up becoming human... I still like you.




Update:
Episode 19-20 (04252015)

I just finished this drama tonight and the last 2 episodes made me cry. Huhuhu :( I kinda predicted what the ending would be like because I've seen some before but still it's good to know that I was right. Besides, dramas with happy ending are always good. 

So the story is the basic vampire-i-want-to-be-human theme. Park ji sang was born with a virus called VBT-01 which made him a vampire. He grew up without drinking human blood thanks to his partner which provides him supplement to control his hunger. Ji sang has been looking for a cure since his mother died but now that he's closer to finding it, things have been more complicated. When he transfers to Taemin Cancer Hospital, where his partner found some details about his case, things start to change. He found friends on the people around him and found someone he's finally comfortable with talking about his condition. Knowing things about vampires are never safe so Ji sang tries his best to hide it from people around him. He thinks it would be dangerous so he keeps it between the people he trusts. Together, they work to find solutions but of course along the way problems occur. 

But good always wins, right?



THE END.

A smile from Dr. Park Ji sang. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment