Sunday, November 27, 2016

Book: Lullabies by Lang Leav

★★12/★★★★★

 I don't write to you anymore. Nor do I write for you. But I do writeand every word still aches for you.

 Continuing with Ms. Leav's sequel to Love & Misadventure, I was hoping to love this book even more but just like the first, it let me down. I really wanted to like it, to love it like others did, but I just didn't feel any connection with the words. Okay, maybe I did with some but most I didn't care. Maybe I felt something at times but more than a little tug, there was nothing more. But hey, it's just me. 

Love's Inception
I did not know
   that it was love
   until I knew.

There was never
   another to compare
   with you.

But since you left
   each boy I met
   will always have you
   to compete.

Forewarned
If a boy ever says, you remind me of someonedon't fall in love with him. You will never be anything more than second best.

Almost
Do you see
   how I love him true
   it could've been you.

As for you
   and your love for she
   it could've been me.

But we were a maybe
   and never a must
   when it should've been us.

No comments:

Post a Comment