Monday, July 24, 2017

Book: Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han

★★★★/★★★★★

“Is this how it goes? You fall in love, and nothing seems truly scary anymore, and life is one big possibility?”

Always and Forever, Lara Jean was a big surprise when Jenny Han first announced that To All the Boys I've Loved Before (review here) will have a third book. Everyone was excited, so was I! The first two books were lovely and swoon-worthy but I think my favorite is Always and Forever, Lara Jean.

The conclusion to Lara Jean and Peter's story is inside Always and Forever, Lara Jean which I think is so cute and just perfect. I can't say I was a big fan of Peter Kavinsky in P.S. I Still Love You (review here), or To All The Boys I've Loved Before for that matter, but in this book, he's just so adorable and he's such a sweetheart! 

“Peter will love Lara Jean with all his heart, always”

 Lara Jean is enjoying her last year in high school; she's in love with her boyfriend Peter, her dad is going remarried and Margot will be home just in time for the wedding which excites them all. Everything is going right and she's having the best time of her life when suddenly her plans change when her College acceptance letter arrives. It makes Lara Jean think of a new plan which might affect her relationship with Peter. 

I love how the book focuses on Lara Jean and some of the changes in her life. Her father re-marrying Ms. Rothschild is a big change for them and I love how it makes not only her but Kitty and Margot as well to grow and accept the new addition to their family. Graduating high school and going to College is another big thing for Lara Jean and when her plan to go to the same university with Peter has changed, she has to think of a way how to compromise. Of course she wants to stay in a relationship with Peter and she's going to do everything just to keep it. 

All the characters have grown so much in me and I still love how heartwarming the story is. Lara Jean getting even closer with her family, her relationship with Chris (yes, her bestfriend, Chris!) and Peter, how she makes big decisions for herself and how much she's matured in this book. And the romance, of course I'm going to talk about the romance! Lara Jean and Peter are just sooo cute I want to keep them to myself! Peter Kavinsky actually made me fall in love with him!

“Being vulnerable, letting people in, getting hurt... it's all part of being in love.” 

Overall I adored this book! And if only it's not the last book! My advice, if you want a cute and lovely read, try To All the Boys I've Loved Before series if you haven't already. It wouldn't disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment