Saturday, November 21, 2015

Book: Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsela

★★★/★★★★★

I've been wanting to read this one because well, it's written by Sophie Kinsella and I love her! Two of my favorite books are written by her (Can You Keep A Secret? and I've Got Your Number) so I was really excited when I first heard that she's having a new book. 

Finding Audrey is good. I mean, it's about Audrey who has anxiety disorder and her family (and Linus) who has been very supportive and helpful in her recovery. I don't really know if it should be a serious one because it's about mental illness but then it's very funny and Audrey's family is a bit different and by different I mean crazy and loud and funny! 

The whole time I was reading this book I was waiting for that something that will pull me inside the story just like when I read other books. But in this case, nothing pulled me in. It was like I was just reading and waiting for it to end. Don't get me wrong, it's good and very positive but it's not my kind of story. And maybe I just like it when Sophie Kinsella writes chick lit rather than YA.

“It won’t be forever. You’ll be in the dark for as long as it takes and then you’ll come out.”

No comments:

Post a Comment