Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Book: Maybe Not (Maybe #1.5) by Colleen Hoover

 ★★★★/★★★★★

"She's nothing I've ever wanted in a girl. And absolutely everything I need."

 Colleen Hoover is a really good author and her books are on the top of my favorites. My top three from her are Maybe Someday, Slammed and Confess! Oh, I loved those books! :)

Now let's talk about her novella Maybe Not.
It's the story of Warren and Bridgette's strange, hilarious and sexy relationship. I actually loved them because they were both exhausting and sweet at the same time. They started off hating each other but ended up falling in love with each other. 

 Bridgette was Warren's new roommate. Warren didn't like a new roommate at first but seeing and experiencing more of Bridgette's rudeness and sexiness made him want her eventually. It was actually funny how Bridgette flipped Warren off everytime but it was sweet of Warren to still want her after all. It was like Warren was made to endure Bridgette's bitchy attitude. Lol. Bridgette was a hard girl to crack but for Warren it just took patience, and the right push. And that shower scene was love.
"I press my lips to hers with such delicacy; I want her to feel everything she’s ever deserved to feel at the hands of someone else. She deserves to feel beautiful. She deserves to feel important. She deserves to feel cared for. She deserves to feel respected. She deserves to feel like there’s at least one other person in this world who accepts her for exactly who she is."
This novella surely was sexy, funny, and somewhat heartbreaking. Bridgette has her reasons for being a bitch and I think everyone of us is entitle to be one once in a while especially when life has been so hard to us. And I think Bridgette had her fair share of having her life on the downside and it was nice that somehow she found home, and love, in Warren.

"It's hard to fall in love with assholes, Warren."
"Maybe you just haven't met the right asshole yet."

No comments:

Post a Comment