Monday, January 16, 2017

Book: Bitter Sweet Love by Michael Faudet

★★/★★★★★

My heart has become a broken compass. Everytime I try to leave you, I always find myself running back into your arms.

  I seriously don't know what to say about this book. I didn't have any expectation so I can't say I'm disappointed though I think I'm a little dismayed. There's nothing especial about this book and to be honest I was bored most of the time. The words didn't speak to me and there was no connection whatsoever. And seeing that I was also disappointed with Dirty Pretty Things, now I can say Michael Faudet's books are really not meant for me.

Proximity
We joined the dots
   from A to B,
   the line we drew
   from you to me,
   traced empty shore
   across the sea,
   over mountain top,
   over the sea,
   along the roads
   and walking tracks,
   all bridges burned,
   not looking back,
   for the love
   we have,
   no gate can stop,
   no barking dog
   or bolted lock,
   for what is real
   is meant to be,
   when two hearts
   beat—
   in proximity.

No comments:

Post a Comment