Saturday, January 14, 2017

Movie: Assassin's Creed 2016

★★★★/★★★★★
Main characters:
Michael Fassbender as Cal Lynch / Aguilar
Marion Cotillard as Dr. Sophie Rikkin
Jeremy Irons as Alan Rikkin
Ariane Labed as Maria
Michael Williams as Moussa

Director: Justin Kurzel
When Callum Lynch explores the memories of his ancestor Aguilar and gains the skills of a Master Assassin, he discovers he is a descendant of the secret Assassins society. 
***
A friend of mine told me that if you've played the game, then you won't like the movie because (as always) there have been some major changes on it. My friend used to play Assassin's Creed so she didn't like the movie that much but I, on the other hand, loved it! I watched the movie with a friend (and his friend) last Thursday and surprisingly, even though they've played the game, they loved the movie! Well, I guess we all have our own opinions about things (and movies!). Anyway, I enjoyed it too and I think the action was great and the stunts were impressive. It was a bit bloody but I'd already expected it since from the title alone, you'd expect it to be. I also think that the plot was well-developed and Michael Fassbender gave justice to his role. 
Overall the movie was good, for me anyway. The story line was a bit vague at first but as the movie went on I started to get it and enjoy it. I was also actually expecting my friend to talk while watching, comparing the movie with the video game or explaining things to me, but he didn't. He was actually focused and by the end of the movie he was asking for more. HAHA. I guess he and his friend loved it that much.

Anyway, you should watch the movie if you want an action-packed and fast paced movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment