Friday, October 4, 2013

Book: Divergent by Veronica Roth


     I really don't know what made me read this book. I just know that one day I saw this and I started reading it. And it was good. I love the story, the characters and everything. This is great just like what I've said on the others books I've read because this is really good.

     The story is about a young girl, Beatrice, who lives in a world that is divided into 5 factions. Each faction upholds a particular virtue of humanity: Abnegation (the selfless), Amity (the peaceful), Candor (the honest), Dauntless (the brave) and Erudite (the intelligent). Beatrice, who later on changes her name into Tris, was born into an Abnegation family. When they turn 16, they must take an aptitude test which will determine what faction suits them. But Tris's results are inconclusive, meaning she can't be categorized into only one faction. This makes her a Divergent. She really doesn't know what being a Divergent means but someone tells her that she shouldn't tell anyone about it because it could bring her into danger.

     On choosing day, Tris chooses to be a Dauntless. She knows she should've chosen her faction but she knows in her heart that she doesn't belong there. They immediately leave for their new faction and she meets new friends, Christina, Will and Al. She also meets her instructor, Four, which later on becomes closer to her. Initiation is broken into three stages and they must rank in the top ten at the end of initiation, or else they will be dismissed and become factionless.

     I really wanna share everything here but I guess you should just grab a copy of this book and read it for yourself. I promise you won't regret it. :)

100413

No comments:

Post a Comment