Friday, September 18, 2015

Book Review: Confess by Colleen Hoover

★★★★/★★★★★

“There are people you meet that you get to know, and then there are people you meet that you already know.”

5 Reasons why I read this book:
1. I love Colleen Hoover.
2. Title is intriguing.
 3. Book cover is amazing.
 4. The name Auburn is beautiful.
5. I love Colleen Hoover. 

I know it took me so long to read this book and now that I finally did, I want to just read it again and again. Maybe I'm just a sucker for a we-love-each-other-but-we-can't-be-together story. Anyway, like any other Colleen Hoover book, this one is amazing. And I know I'm not a fan of insta-love but hey, they did meet five years ago. :)

Synopsis from Goodreads:
Auburn Reed has her entire life mapped out. Her goals are in sight and there’s no room for mistakes. But when she walks into a Dallas art studio in search of a job, she doesn’t expect to find a deep attraction to the enigmatic artist who works there, Owen Gentry.

For once, Auburn takes a risk and puts her heart in control, only to discover Owen is keeping major secrets from coming out. The magnitude of his past threatens to destroy everything important to Auburn, and the only way to get her life back on track is to cut Owen out of it.

The last thing Owen wants is to lose Auburn, but he can’t seem to convince her that truth is sometimes as subjective as art. All he would have to do to save their relationship is confess. But in this case, the confession could be much more destructive than the actual sin…
 --------
Right from the start I thought I'll bee crying most of the time reading it but it didn't actually make me cry until that moment when Owen's father told him that he'll be going away for some time. That was when my tears started to cloud my eyes. I don't know why but maybe because I hate family drama and thinking that Callahan finally decided to get rehab made me feel like from then on everything is going to be okay between him and his son. And It will be. 
------------
“I’m sorry, Owen. For so many things,” he says. His hold around me tightens and I can feel the apology in his embrace. When he pulls back, he ruffles my hair like I’m a child.
Like I’m his son.
Like he’s my dad.
----
"Callahan Gentry and his son are going to be okay."
- Owen Gentry 
------------
Another part that I love was when Owen and Adam talked for first and last time at the hospital. It was heartbreaking. It was fate, I guess.
----
"When I turn the painting around to face me again, I run my fingers over it. I touch the space between the two hands, and I think about everything between the two of them that is pulling them apart.

And I hope, for her sake, that Adam is right. I hope she does have a second fate.

Because she deserves it."

091815

No comments:

Post a Comment