Monday, September 21, 2015

Book Review: Liars, Inc. by Paula Stokes

★★★/★★★★★
“When you care about someone, you can’t just turn that off because you learn they betrayed you.”
------
 I don't usually read books like this and the only reason why I read this one was because of a review I saw on Goodreads.
I think the closer I got to this kind of book was We Were Liars and Gallagher Girl Series.

Synopsis from Goodreads:
Max Cantrell has never been a big fan of the truth, so when the opportunity arises to sell forged permission slips and cover stories to his classmates, it sounds like a good way to make a little money and liven up a boring senior year. With the help of his friends Preston and Parvati, Max starts Liars, Inc. Suddenly everybody needs something and the cash starts pouring in. Who knew lying could be so lucrative?

When Preston wants his own cover story to go visit a girl he met online, Max doesn’t think twice about hooking him up. Until Preston never comes home. Then the evidence starts to pile up—terrifying clues that lead the cops to Preston’s body. Terrifying clues that point to Max as the murderer.

Can Max find the real killer before he goes to prison for a crime he didn’t commit?
------ 

 I enjoy thriller/suspense/action but I don't know what to feel about this book. I won't say I didn't like it, because I did, but I had a hard time connecting with the book and I'm not sure why. Maybe it was the characters or the ideas of what the ending might be or something else but it surely exhausted my brain. Overall it was a 50-50 but still I liked it. And maybe I should read more books like this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment