Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Poem: I Will

It's okay, I'll be alright
Just one more song before I move on
It's okay, I'll do what's right
Just one more tear before I let go

I'll be fine, my tears will dry
Just let me cry before I forget
I'll be fine, my heart will try
Just let me shatter before I heal

It'll get better, time will come
I'll just close my eyes so it won't hurt
It'll get better, time will pass
I'll just hold my heart so it won't break

I'll move on, after these words
Just give me a second so I can breathe
I'll let go, after this line
Just give me a moment to say goodbye

Sometimes we get hurt but instead of moving on we choose to feel the pain a little longer. We hold on to it until eventually we can't feel it anymore. And sometimes it just works that way. Because sometimes we just need to feel the pain a little more to realize we need to move on

- dez

No comments:

Post a Comment