Friday, August 12, 2016

Movie Trailer: BFG + A Monster Calls

I haven’t read the books BFG by Roald Dahl and A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness but some time last week I saw the trailer for the film adaptation of both books and I can say that they both looked good. Fantasy adventure films always sell to me and now I’m interested on seeing the film adaptation of these books when they come out here in our country.

BFGSynopsis from IMDb:
A girl named Sophie encounters the Big Friendly Giant who, despite his intimidating appearance, turns out to be a kind-hearted soul who is considered an outcast by the other giants because, unlike them, he refuses to eat children.

 
A Monster CallsSynopsis from IMDb:
A boy seeks the help of a tree monster to cope with his single mom’s terminal illness.


I plan on reading both books later this year but now I’m just waiting to watch the movies first. Hopefully they turn out really good and maybe then it’ll encourage me to read the books right away.

I’ve read a lot of positive reviews for both books (which made me decide to watch both films) but I’m reading some negative reviews with BFG movie. It already came out last July but I’m yet to see it and A Monster Calls will be released this coming October. If you’ve read either of the two, I’d be happy to hear your thoughts about it.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment