Saturday, October 1, 2016

Poem: This Ends Now

Your words are like knives to my heart
And with every push my world falls apart
You don't stop when I beg you desperately
You don't even know that you're hurting me

You leave me crying on the floor
You just let me watch you walk out the door
You don't even stop when I call you back
Just blurt out the words "I don't give a fuck."

Days gone by but the wounds remain
And I don't think that things will be the same
You don't even call when I've been waiting
And now I feel so stupid for hoping

Hoping that you'd say you're sorry
For all the things that you have done to me
I don't think you even realize it
I'm not even sure you knew what you did

But I'm done putting up with you
I'm so tired of always forgiving you
This time I'm going to walk away
I'll leave you here no matter what you say

It will take time but I will heal
And this doesn't really change what I feel
Coz I know I may still love you somehow
But I've had enough so this ends now

This poem is inspired by the novel It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover.

No comments:

Post a Comment