Friday, April 20, 2012

Book: Gallagher Girls :))


Ally Carter, I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You
“The time for crying with your girlfriends about a broken heart is over chocolate ice cream
and chick flicks—not stun guns and bulletproof vests.”

 “Even though Cammie is fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man seven different ways with her bare hands, she has no idea what to do when she meets an ordinary boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl.”

“But I kept it to myself--maybe because I didn't think it mattered, but probably because, in a place where everyone knew my story, it was nice to know there was a chapter that only I had read.”

Ally Carter, Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy
“Zach walked away, but I stood there for a long time, wondering if I should go to my mother; if I should go to my friends; but instead I slipped into the corridors I hadn't used in months, pushed my way through cobwebs and darkness, trying to walk away from the tears that burned hot down my cheeks, because maybe I didn't want to admit weakness; maybe I wanted to wallow in my solitude and grief.
Or maybe crying is like everything else we do—it's best if you don't get caught.”

“Just so you know Gallagher Girl,' he whispered softly, 'I'm going to kiss you now.”

“Because even though the truth can set you free, that doesn't mean it won't be painful.”

Ally Carter, Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover 
“I thought about how there are two types of secrets: the kind you want to keep in, and the kind you don't dare to let out.”

“Sometimes people run… to see if you'll come after them"

“And Zach was taking his jacket off and draping it around my shoulders, which (according to Liz, who double checked with Macey) is the single-sexiest thing a guy can do.”

Ally Carter, Only the Good Spy Young
“...nothing ever happens quickly (except when it does). Nothing is ever, ever easy (except when it is). And, most of all, nothing ever goes perfectly according to plan (except in the movies).”

“Denying the undeniable just makes you sound like a fool as well as a liar.”

“I know too well how dangerous hope can be, how it grows and sometimes dies, taking its host with it. It's more powerful than anything Dr.Fibs keeps in his labs, more precious than all the secrets inside Sublevel Two.”

Ally Carter, Out of Sight, Out of Time 
“Listen to me." He grabbed my arms, holding me there. " I couldn't find you. And I will never forgive myself for that. Ever.”

“Life is classified. There is always so much that goes unsaid.”

“And I remember "normal" might never be the same again.”

------------------------------
I have only read the first two books and I'm thinking of starting reading the third one when I finish The Lucky One :)) I really loved I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I have To Kill You and Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy. Hope I'll enjoy the 3 other books. ;)

-041912

No comments:

Post a Comment