Monday, December 21, 2015

Anime Movie: Hotarubi no Mori e

I actually planned on reading the manga but until now I haven't had the chance. I loved the movie and I'm sure I'm going to love the manga even more. 

So before I cry, again, let me tell you about the story of Hotaru and Gin
One summer, six years old Hotaru Takegawa gets lost in the forest where she is found by a mask-wearing guy named Gin who then informs her that he will disappear forever if a human touches him. Gin leads Hotaru out of the forest and tells her that anyone who comes in there gets lost so she better not come back. But Hotaru comes back over the next few days to visit Gin. There begins a beautiful friendship despite the limitations in their interactions. Hotaru enjoys Gin's company, playing and having fun with him. But summer ends and Hotaru needs to return to the city because of her studies. Before she leaves, she promises Gin she will visit him every summer. So years go by and every summer Hotaru visits Gin. They spend their time playing at the forest and just catching up. Soon, Hotaru physically matures while Gin hardly ages making them almost like the same age then.

That summer, Hotaru is already in highschool and she starts to struggle with her feelings towards Gin. Gin also longs to touch her but they both know the consequence if they touch. One night, Gin takes Hotaru to a festival in the forest hosted by the spirits. It's the closest to a date they get and it's tragic that it's their last night together, too. By the end of the festival, Gin accidentally helps a young boy from falling not knowing that the boy is a human. Soon, Gin starts to slowly disappear and realizing what is happening, he and Hotaru embrace and finally confess their love for each other.

I really love the story and it never fails to make me smile and cry at the same time. I've probably watched it a dozen times and I'm loving it more and more everytime! I really hate that human boy who snuck in the festival because if he didn't then Gin wouldn't have to help him and Gin wouldn't have to disappear. Huhu :"( But if he didn't, then Hotaru and Gin wouldn't have the chance to embrace and confess their feelings to each other. It's really sad and heartbreaking and beautiful, I can't help but love it even more! My heart still breaks for the both of them and their story will forever be my favorite! :)

*when Gin found Hotaru 

*Hotaru wanted to see the face behind the mask so one time when she thought Gin was sleeping she carefully and slowly removed it.

*taking off his mask

*Gin and Hotaru when they attended the festival

 *this was after Gin gave his mask to Hotaru to keep

 *after Gin touched the human boy, he started to disappear

 *we can see how happy Hotaru was when she finally had the chance to hug Gin for the first and last time *cry*

 *and my heart was breaking the whole time 

"Into The Forest of the Fireflies' Light"

No comments:

Post a Comment