Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Book: Made You Up by Francesca Zappia

★★★/★★★★★

She's schizophrenic. He's real. But what are the chances that she didn't just make him up?

Despite having schizophrenia, Alex still wants to live a normal life. And by normal I mean finishing high school, making friends and going to college. She's smart and funny and she doesn't let her hallucinations/imaginations get the best of her. But sometimes, we can't really tell what's real and what's not anymore because there are things we want to be real even if they're not.

The story begins with a prologue introducing Alex, a tank of lobsters and a blue eyed boy Alex is not so sure about. It continues when Alex enters a new school where she meets the blue eyed boy again. Now she's having a difficult time figuring out if the blue eyed boy she met years ago was the same blue eyed boy she's partnered with in her chemistry lab now. 

I really love this book because I can relate to it. I don't have schizophrenia but somehow I know how Alex feels. The constant need to check your surrounding, stopping to figure out if this certain thing or people is real and other stuff. Maybe I'm just paranoid but it makes me feel better when I do that. Another thing I love about this is how Alex fights to be normal. Yes, she doesn't want others to find out but she's trying her best not to show it because like others, she just wants to be a teenager who enjoys life. And it's nice that she found friends that don't mind whether she's sick or not. 

I want to tell you everything about this book but I think it's better if you just read it yourself. Enjoy! :D
 

No comments:

Post a Comment