Friday, December 16, 2016

#9 Chirstmas Tradition "Simbang Gabi"

“9 Things I Love About Christmas”


I know this has nothing to do with books but since Christmas is only 9 days away, I decided to do “9 Things I Love About Christmas” starting today. Each day I will be posting something that makes Christmas extra special for me and today I will be telling you all about a Christmas Tradition called “Simbang Gabi” that we Filipinos very much practiced.

Simbang Gabi is a nine-day/night series of Masses we attend to in anticipation of Christmas Day. It starts from the 15th to 23rd of December at four o’clock in the morning but those who can’t attend this can attend the nine o’clock in the evening mass from the 16th to 24th which is called the Anticipated Mass. My sisters and I have started the Simbang Gabi today, we attended the four a.m. mass, and it’s been a yearly tradition to us to attend and never miss a day for they say that if you complete these nine days of masses, then one of your wishes will come true this Christmas Day.

We’ve been attending Simbang Gabi for 11 years and we used to attend with our Grandmother but now that she’s gone, it’s just me and my two sisters. And I always love attending Simbang Gabi because completing it is like an accomplishment and the excitement of counting down the days until Christmas is fun! With these masses, we also get to become closer with God and his words.

They also say that attending the Simbang Gabi is like a sacrifice for you get up early for nine days just so you can celebrate with everybody else and with them you anticipate the coming of Jesus Christ.

That’s it for my favorite Christmas Tradition and tomorrow I will be back to tell you another thing I love about Christmas!๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

No comments:

Post a Comment