Monday, December 5, 2016

Book: I Wrote This For You by pleasefindthis

★★★12/★★★★★

 The City Rises and Falls
You were a dream. Then a reality. Now a memory.

I'm obsessing with poetry these days so I decided to pick this one up and it's fine. I mean, it has pictures and I love the first part of the book but gradually lost interest towards the latter part. I don't know what happened but as I read on I found myself unimpressed with the words and pictures. There were some that I really connected with but some I just didn't get. Maybe it was because they felt too cliche and I think the angsty-teen-vibe has gotten too old for me early in the book.

THE SHAPE OF IT
They want me. I want you. And you want someone else. But none of us want to turn around.

THE WAY GLASS BREAKS
This is the song I only sing when you're sleeping. These are the words I say when you can't hear me. This is the way I look when you can't see me. And you will never know.

THE TRAIN OF LIES
I say that I won't touch you.
But my fingers are liars.
I tell you how I won't hold you.
But my arms are going to hell.
I promise I won't kiss you.
But my lips break it.
I let you that I won't love you.
But y heart has no conscience.
And no part of me will apologize.

THE POINT PAST PEAK FEELINGS
I know you have feelings left somewhere.
But they're all hard to reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment