Friday, February 24, 2017

Book: Pillow Thoughts by Courtney Peppernell

 
★★★★/★★★★★

in the end
we
as in you and me
were never
meant to be


This is one sad, heartbreaking but honest and at the same time lovely poetry collection. It's divided into sections like when you're in love or feeling sad or need encouragement which I think is convenient since you can just flip to the section you feel like reading and be lost in the words.

I like the simplicity of it, the rawness and the flood of emotions you will feel when you read something that completely touches you. I really liked this one and if you need a good poetry book, try this one.

You can be in love at 3am or 5pm,
and sometimes it is with someone else
and other times it is with the way the sky looks
on a Saturday afternoon.


***

We should kiss.
Not because you passed my way by chance,
but because you stopped
and I haven't been the same since.

No comments:

Post a Comment