Saturday, February 11, 2017

Book: This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales

★/

“Sometimes people think they know you. They know a few facts about you, and they piece you together in a way that makes sense to them. And if you don't know yourself very well, you might even believe that they are right. But the truth is, that isn't you. That isn't you at all.”

Nope, I'm pretty sure by now that Leila Sales' books are not for me. After not liking Tonight the Streets Are Ours I was already hesitant to read her other books but of course, I decided to give her another chance. So I did, but unfortunately this book is also a disappointment for me. It actually took me almost two weeks, I think, to finish this book because most times I was bored.
 
I didn't like Elise at all and her attitude towards everything frustrated me sooooo  much! I mean, she was bullied at school because she was uncool so Sophomore year she tried to change herself by being and acting like the cool kids, changing her style and everything. Yes, she tried but it didn't change the fact that she was a snob and as judgmental as she said everyone was.
 
I know I'm only ranting but I really tried to understand Elise but no, I didn't get her at all. She's pretentious and I hated that she always blamed her "uncool-ness" for every wrong thing that's happened to her. Because I wasn't like this..., Because I didn't have that..., etc. And for me, she could've at least told her parents something about it so they could've done something about the bullying. 

I actually expected to like this book because there was music in it but the unlikeable Elise just made everything bad. The only thing I liked in this book was the music. (That and Alex!) The DJing thing was cool but Elise being the best Dj after only a week of practice? Oh, come on! And no, I didn't like Char, too. But, but, the ending kind of redeemed Elise so I gave it two stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment