Thursday, October 29, 2015

Book: Tonight The Streets Are Ours by Leila Sales

 
★★/★★★★★

I really wanted to like this one, I really did, but I guess expectations only take you so far. :(

Hundred pages in and I was still unsure whether to continue or not. I guess I just didn't connect with Arden, or anyone, like how I wanted to and I didn't really like Arden's character-too nice, too forgiving, too everything. And I'm not really a third-person-pov kind of reader. 

Anyway, I was expecting more and my hopes went up when Arden and Lindsey finally went to New York but then everything happened so fast that I wasn't sure how to comprehend what was happening anymore. While some parts were realistic, some were just so not. One moment Arden and Peter didn't know each other and the next they were talking about Peter's personal life. I mean, Peter could've at least thought that it was creepy that some girl approached him at the bookstore he was working at and told him that she'd read his blog. For all he knew, she could be a stalker or something. And he is an asshole, btw. But then, it was just for me.

So, two stars for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment