Wednesday, October 28, 2015

SOUNDS GOOD FEELS GOOD by 5 Seconds of Summer



I love the whole album and so far my favorites are Jet Black Heart and Waste The Night! 
I will skip talking about the first 4 songs (Money, She's Kinda Hot, Hey Everybody!, and Permanent Vacation) because they've been released earlier than the others but of course they're great too! :)
 So now, let's talk about the rest of the album.

-Jet Black Heart ♫♪
 Michael's voice on JBH is so asdfghjklsldfjghsdfghkj that I listen to it over and over and over again without ever getting tired! It's like the song was intentionally written for him and his voice did justice to it. It's beautiful.  

The blood in my veins is made up of mistakes
Let's forget who we are and dive into the dark 
As we burst into color returning to life...

 -Catch Fire ♫♪
 This one was co-written with Alex Gaskarth and it's nice to imagine them writing a song together because I also love Alex. They're good friends too and oh well, just listen to the heartbreaking product of their writing session.

 
 The words you speak, surrounding me
This is broken love, in the first degree
The air you breathe is haunting me
Maybe I"ll change your mind... 


-Safety Pin ♫♪
 Now this one is becoming one of my favorites. I love the lyrics because I can relate to it and it's kinda sad (maybe this time two wrongs make it right...) It's on repeat on my playlist all day long and I really want to hear them sing this one live! :) 


We'll safety pin the pieces of our broken hearts back together
Patching up all the holes until we both feel much better... 


-Waste The Night ♫♪ 
 >When I first heard this song, I can already sing along with it because it's catchy and the lyrics are easy to remember. And I don't know why but it instantly became my new favorite. Maybe because of the lyrics or the tune or how they sing it or maybe because the song expresses something that I can relate to. :) 

 I don't wanna say goodbye to another night
And watch you walk away
I don't wanna let it burn in the city lights
And makes the same mistakes... 


-Vapor ♫♪
 This one is also good. Now it makes me think who the boys were thinking about when they wrote this song.

I wanna breathe you in like a vapor
I want to be the one you remember...

-Castaway ♫♪ 
 Well, I would also feel like a castaway if ever someone leaves me! But anyhoo, this song is perfect for those who just went through a break-up. It's sad but sometimes we just have to accept it. And sometimes it would make us feel like a castaway.

All your screaming whispers, slip through my fingers
But these memories linger on
Eyes closed, all I see is good times disappearing
And I'm trying to hold on...

-The Girl Who Cried Wolf ♫♪
 Okay, this one I can cry myself out. It's just that the lyrics are so sad and ugh! Can anyone please explain to me what's the meaning behind this song?

You say you wanna, but do you really wanna run away?

-Broken Home ♫♪
 Okay, talk about sadness and pain, this one is pretty high on the list. Can't you feel it? It's like they've perfectly written a song about a, well, broken home/family. The lyrics and everything makes you sad about those people who experience this broken home.

 You've gotta let it go, you're losing all your hope
Nothing left to hold, locked out in the cold
Your painted memories that washed out all  the scenes
I'm stuck in between a nightmare and lost dreams... 


-Fly Away ♫♪
 They've released this one earlier too but I wasn't really able to hear it much. And now that I've listened to it over and over, it's makes me want to really fly away, to reach the dreams I'm still dreaming.


I wanna take my heart to the end of the world
And fly away tonight...

-Invisible ♫♪
It doesn't need to be this sad for me to like this song. The lyrics alone are heartbreaking. And sad. And heartbreaking. And... sad

Looking on as all of life's colors seem to fade to grey
I just walked away...

-Airplanes ♫♪

Well, I like this one simple because I like airplanes.

I'm not gonna say I'm sorry,
gonna see the end of this story
I won't fade into darkness...

-San Francisco ♫♪ 
I don't know why but this song reminds me of Long Way Home, which is one of my favorites from their previous album. I love the lyrics and everything! And I would love to have memories like those with them. 

I wanna get back to where we started
to the summer night
You know, you know, you know, you know
we got it right
Yeah wanna get back to San Francisco,
in the fire light
You know, you know,you know, you know
we had it right... 

-Outer Space/Carry On ♫♪ 
This lines say it all. 

If you could love me again
I could let o of everything...

Carry on, let the good times roll
Sail on, let your path unfold
It won't be long, won't be long, won't be long
You know it's gonna get better...

 And honestly, I love ALL the songs from this album! :")
God, I can't wait to see them live next year! I'm so sure it's going to be fun!!! :))


Visit 5 Seconds of Summer on Spotify.

No comments:

Post a Comment