Saturday, October 17, 2015

Anime: Akatsuki no Yona 2014


This anime reminded me so much of Fushigi Yuugi with Yona being the princess and all the dragons and the guys around her. And Su-won actually looked like Hotohori and Hak reminded me of Tamahome. Anyway, I loved it! It made me cry, laugh, fall in love and cry even more. I don't know if I'm just too emotional or this anime was just really good that you will feel every emotion inside of you while watching it!

The story is about Yona, the sole princess of the kingdom of Kouka and her journey on finding the legendary four dragons that once unified her kingdom under the rule of Hiryuu, the first king. It all starts on the night of Yona's sixteenth birthday when she witnesses the murder of her father, King Il, by the hands of Su-won, her childhood friend and who was once the most important person to her because he's so nice and gentle to her. Everything turns upside down when Yona realizes what Su-won really wants, the kingdom. Su-won is also ready to kill Yona if only Hak, her other childhood friend and bodyguard, hasn't saved her. Then both Yona and Hak escape from the kingdom to the Wind Tribe, Hak's home.

It's a really good story with strong, funny and heartfelt scenes. I love how Yona started as a weak and carefree girl who just stayed inside her palace but later on became a strong and brave princess after knowing and witnessing herself what was really happening outside the palace. Seeing it opened her eyes to so many things, thus promising to be strong so she can protect her friends and fight the bad guys too. The story gets better when she starts looking for the dragons.

Meet the gang.
Ki-ja, Jaeha, Hak, Yona, Su-won,Yun, Jeno, Sinha

Princess Yona

Son Hak 

Su-won

Yun

Ki-ja "The White Dragon"

Sinha "The Blue Dragon"  
 
 

 Jaeha "The Green Dragon"

Zeno "The Yellow Dragon"
 
 

 *Cheers
 

There were 24 episodes and each episode really made me laugh and cry and fall in love. Each episode told different stories and the one that made me cry my heart out was the part where Yun needed to say goodbye to Ik-su because Ik-su wanted him to go along with Yona and Hak. Their story was so heartbreaking and I loved the kind of friendship they had. 

 
I hope you enjoy this anime as much as I did! :)

 
Yona and Hak :") 

This one is from the OVA :)

I also decided to read the manga because I just can't get enough of them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment