Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Book: All The Rage by Courtney Summers

 ★★★/★★★★★
 This was my first book about rape and maybe that's the reason why I didn't know how to express my thoughts at first. It was well written and it was admirable how Summers can write a book like this. If it was me, I'd be crying the whole time because the story was just too much to handle. 

All The Rage is about a rape victim, Romy, who didn't have the voice and enough support from around her to punish the one who raped her. People around her believe that she's lying and that she actually asked for that to happen that's why they don't listen and shame her instead. 

There were parts of the book where I wanted to scream in anger because of what was happening but what enraged and broke my heart was the part where everyone thought that it was better if Romy was the one who didn't come back. It was so powerful and heartbreaking I wanted to hug Romy myself.

"You're not better off dead."
  
I give it only 3-stars because there were times I got lost inside the book. It was confusing especially with the Now-Before-After setting. Maybe it was just me. And then Romy's character didn't really connect with me that much. Sure I felt her pain and everything but there was something missing. It's like I wanted to really like this book but it didn't draw me in like I wanted it to. But either way, it was a powerful book.

“You know all the ways you can kill a girl?
God, there are so many.”

No comments:

Post a Comment