Saturday, October 31, 2015

Book: My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga

★★/★★★★★
“Maybe we all have darkness inside of us and some of us are better at dealing with it than others.”

I've always liked reading books like this. Books about death and depression and dark sides of life. It's maybe because I'd like to know how a person can feel so sad and depressed and hurt all at the same time when there are so many things to be happy and grateful about. But then I guess there are also so many things, reasons, to be sad and depressed and hurt about. 

Aysel is a fan of plotting her own death. She is determined to die. Reason: Her father killed someone and she's afraid she inherited that part of her father's brain that told him to kill someone. But Aysel is not her father. Only she's not convinced and the people around her are not so good at convincing her too. Hell they act like she's her father! So she thought there's only one way to end that misery, to off herself. Now she's looking for a partner, suicide partner, so she won't chicken out when time finally comes to do it. Then she meets Roman. He's determined to die too. And you know what happens when suicidal girl meets suicidal boy. They give each other a reason to live.

This one is a very sad one. And it's definitely a good one. 
I found myself crying for their pain and for the things I want to tell Aysel and Roman. :(
And I want to tell those Aysels and Romans out there to keep holding on. Because somewhere, somehow, you will find that reason for you to keep going on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment