Monday, May 18, 2015

Poem: Four Years...

It's been four years and I still miss you
And I don't know what I'm supposed to do
Should I pretend or should I let go
Or maybe I should just let you know...

You're still on my mind, I don't know why
And I still remember that sad goodbye
You said it straight looking in my eyes
Then you walk away leaving me with lies...

You didn't care, you left me crying
And I'd never thought I'll lose everything
'Coz you promised that we'll be together
You made me believe in forever...

But then you left, you were gone
And there I thought you were the one
You were my love story without the love
Four years and you're still the one...
(02172013)

I was cleaning my drawer when I found this poem I wrote two years ago. Reading it again made me smile and it brought back so many memories. Fours years? Gosh, four freaking years and I still haven't moved on. That was long. But who can blame me when I really liked that person. A lot, a lot! Too bad it didn't work out for us. Oh well, I guess that's just life. Nothing works out the way you want it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment