Thursday, April 6, 2017

Book: Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur

 ★★★★/★★★★★
 

you've touched me
without even
touching me

 
I wasn't prepared to read this book. I didn't expect it to be this powerful, to be overflowing with emotions. Now I'm not sure what to feel because I'm so overwhelmed. This book has touched me and it's very beautiful. The words, the messages, the illustrations, everything. It's meant to be read.

The book is divided into four chapters; the hurting, the loving, the breaking and the healing, and each page will surely make you feel something, if not tug at your heart.
you might not have been my first love
but you were the love that made
all the other loves
irrelevant
***
i don't want to have you
to fill the empty parts of me
i want to be full on my own
i want to be so complete
i could light a whole city
and then
i want to have you
cause the two of us combined
could set it on fire
***
nothing is safer
than the sound of you
reading out loud to me

- the perfect date

No comments:

Post a Comment