Tuesday, April 11, 2017

TV Series: Confess 2017


Main Characters:
Katie Leclerc as Auburn Reed
Ryan Cooper as Owen Gentry
Rocky Myers as Trey Taylor
Elliot Smithe as A.J.
Amy Pahn as Emory Le
Kyle Secor as Callahan Gentry

I remember reading and loving the book so much I've re-read it several times. I just love everything about the book―the lovely cover, the endearing characters, the touching plot and Colleen Hoover is just an amazing writer!

So imagine my surprise when it was announced that there was going to be a mini series for the book! I was like OMG! OMG! OMG! And no, I wasn't calling Owen, I was just so so excited! Then they announced who will play the characters (I like both Katie and Ryan, by the way) and then there was the shooting and Colleen teasing us with photos and then the trailer came out and then it was April!!!


[Warning: This post contains screenshots from the series]

I watched the whole series on April 5 (one sitting) and I loved it! I mean, yes, they changed some aspects of it but it was beautiful nonetheless. I think Katie and Ryan did a great job portraying Auburn and Owen though at first I was having second thoughts about Katie. Don't get me wrong, she's really really good but she wasn't what I expected Auburn to be. 


I loved Emory and AJ was super cute! I hated Lydia, of course, but I understand where she was coming from. The face of Trey in my head was definitely not Rocky Myers but I guess he worked out too. The paintings were BEAUTIFUL!!! I especially loved "Every time he touches me, I think of you." And I also had to smile when Colleen appeared at the auction in one of the episodes.

So I guess everything just worked out for this series. It's short, yes, but in those 7 episodes they were able to put life to the beautiful characters of  the book!

***
I'll love you forever even when I can't.
I'll love you forever even when I shouldn't. 
When I turn the painting around to face me again, I run my fingers over it. I touch the space between the two hands, and I think about everything between the two of them that is pulling them apart. And I hope, for her sake, that Adam is right. I hope she does have a second fate. Because she deserves it.

Read my full review of Confess here.

No comments:

Post a Comment