Sunday, January 31, 2016

Book: A Gallagher Wedding (Short Story) by Ally Carter

★★★★★/★★★★★

Gallagher Girls will always be my favorite. Ever!
     I saw my mother in her ivory gown, Bex and Aunt Abby carrying the train as they walked from the P&E barn toward the gardens where people waited in white folding chairs. Mr. Solomon and Townsend stood at attention at the front of the crowd. Even in July and on his wedding day, Joe looked cool, like he had planned every possible outcome for that moment, and things were going exactly according to plan.
    “The bride and groom have requested that their maid of honor and best man join the ceremony,” Liz said, holding out my high-heeled shoes. “Besides, you guys have the rings.”
   “What do you say, Gallagher Girl?” Zach offered me his arm. “Do you want to join them?”
   I turned into the light.
  “I do.
And I do, Zach. I do! :")

No comments:

Post a Comment