Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Book: Not After Everything by Michelle Levy

★★★★★/★★★★★

If this book didn't break your heart, well, read it again.

 Gosh! This book is freakin' emotional and I didn't think I would love it this much. It's powerful and heartbreaking and hopeful and I think Tyler would be one of my favorite characters from now on. I know he's full of anger and he blames himself for what happened to his mother but we couldn't really understand and feel what he's feeling and going through until it happens to us. And we all deal with pain and grief in different ways.

What happened to Tyler was tragic, losing his mother and living with a father who makes him feel like it's his fault that his mother killed herself. Tyler tries to keep it all in, avoiding his abusive and alcoholic father as much as he can and bottling all his anger inside him. It's heartbreaking that he has to fear for his life everytime he's around his father. Fortunately he has people around him who care. Jordyn and her family are like Tyler's guardian angels. They give him hope and the love his father should be giving him. I like that they want to help him and make him feel like he has a family in them. It's so thoughtful and kind of them. I also love Dr. Dave because he really cares for Tyler. He's such a good therapist and friend.

Overall, I really love love love this book. Though the ending is sad, it's still beautiful and I like how it gives Tyler the chance to move on and start over. But still, it's saaaaad! And as we all know, "goodbye" is such a bitch. :(


Another thing about this book that I love is its message that tells us, the past is in the past. We should learn to move on, to evolve. Surely the past made us who we are, what we are, taught us a lot of things, it has memories, but we shouldn't dwell on it. We shouldn't let it eat us up and hold us back. Because there's so much the present and the future hold for us. .

No comments:

Post a Comment