Thursday, January 28, 2016

Movie: Pan 2015

★★★/★★★★★

I've always loved the story of Peter Pan but seeing this prequel movie, Pan, disappointed me a bit. I mean, I'm fine with the characters singing but watching Blackbeard sing is a bit strange for me. The plot is good, the casts are new to me, everything else is fine but there's something about it that is off. It's not like those movies I instantly like from the moment it started and I just don't know why. Maybe because I was expecting more? More story? More action? More adventure? I'm not sure myself but it's definitely not what I expected.

So the story basically tells us the beginning of Peter Pan, from when his mother left him in an orphanage, leaving him a necklace with a flute pendant and a note saying that she just did what needed to be done and that someday they will meet again, to when the pirates came to take the children to Neverland and to the point where Peter can already fly. (I was chanting I do believe in Peter the whole time! tsk) 

Other than the film made on 2003, I've never read or watched anything related to Peter Pan (and oh, I've seen Peter Pan and Hook on Once Upon A Time, if that counts) so hearing about this movie excited me a lot. But now that I've watched it, I can say that I'm fine with the film Peter Pan (2003) as it is. I've also never seen the film where Robin Williams starred as Peter Pan but now I'm planning to watch it.

Overall, I give it three stars and it's only because it was good to see Hook and Peter Pan getting along so well. :)

 Now let's go second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment