Thursday, May 9, 2013

Books: Summer Escape ☀

I love movies, music, poems, flowers, chocolates, clothes, food, art and of course I love  books! :D And summer would be more wonderful, to those who are stuck at home with nowhere to go to, with a couple of books while you enjoy your bed. :))

I've read Can You Keep A Secret by Sophie Kinsella before and I found myself wanting to read it again so now I am. It was a good book, cute and funny. I love Emma and Jack Harper. (I just love saying his whole name!) Emma is 25 and still not sure what career to pursue. She's now on her 4th career and somehow she's  having trouble on it. It's all because she just spouted all her secret to a stranger on a plane when she thought they were going to die because of the turbulence. And it turns out that that stranger is her boss. Yep, the stranger who she isn't supposed to meet again walked in their company and is welcomed as their big boss, Jack Harper. Jack Harper is a clever guy. He's smart and funny and oh, gorgeous. He talks to Emma like he knows it all. Well, I guess he really knows it all. He's also sweet and I just can't say his name without his last name. :))

---------


This is awful. It's horrible. I want to say something, I want to put it back to the way it was before, all easy and joking. But I can't find the words.


We reach the ninth floor, and the doors open.


'I think I can manage these from here,' Jack says. 'I really only asked you along for the company.'


Awkwardly, I transfer the folders to his arms.


'Well, Emma,' he says in the same formal voice. 'In case I don't see you later on … it was nice knowing you.' He meets my eyes and a glimmer of his old, warm expression returns. 'I really mean that.'


'You too,' I say, my throat tight.


I don't want him to go. I don't want this to be the end. I feel like suggesting a quick drink. I feel like clinging to his hand and saying: Don't leave.


God, what's wrong with me?


'Have a good journey,' I manage as he shakes my hand. Then he turns on his heel and walks off down the corridor.


I open my mouth a couple of times to call after him – but what would I say? There's nothing to say. By tomorrow morning he'll be on a plane back to his life. And I'll be left here in mine.

Chapter 10



***********************************


Another book is The Fault in Our Stars by  John Green. I'm only on the 3rd chapter and I'm enjoying it. Hazel is cancer patient. She's only 16 and she's aware of what might happen to her. Her mother told her to go to a support group so she does. There she met Augustus and from then on they started to be friends. Augustus has osteosarcoma. He's funny and honest and I'm excited to know him more. :))

---------

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing." he said.
 
"Why are you looking at me like that?"

Augustus half smiled. "Because you're beautiful."

 Chapter 2

File:The Fault in Our Stars.jpg
 050913

No comments:

Post a Comment